Your web site colors can affect your image
Publicity and your web site have a lot in common. Colors, which is my topic for this blog, have a common thread. They both cause you to react.
Choosing the right colors for your site can be critical, depending on the business your web site is in. Be sure to not use too many colors, instead, select a color that is your base and build upon from that.
And you want to make sure the colors you use don’t clash with each other.
All this relates to publicity as well. You wouldn’t type or produce a press release in five or six different colors. For example, the headline in orange, the sub-head in blue, the text in black, the contact info in green, and closing sentence in bright red.
Well, a web site is like a press release or article. You want the viewer to read the information, spend time on the site and above all have a pleasant experience to want to come back again.
Here are some colors and how they affect people:
- RED: Creates action, energy, strength passion fire, etc. Although it is a strong masculine color, you wouldn’t use this if the company offers financial advice, or is in the banking industry.
- BLUE: Presents the feelings of freedom, travel, professionalism, wealth and power. This is one of the most popular colors in business and is the most overused color. You would not want to use this if you are in the snack food or other food business/industry.
- GREEN: Money, wealth, prosperity, calm, health, foods, nature, etc. It is a great color to use as the main color or as an accent in a web site.
- ORANGE: Health and vitality, youthfulness, fire, courage, confidence, friendliness, warmth, etc. This is again a good strong color and should be used wisely.
- YELLOW: Light, purity, understanding, caution, intelligence, joy. A great color to help boost a sites weak areas.
- PURPLE, BROWN, BLACK, WHITE AND GREY.
I would like to share these colors and their affects, but I am running too long and little time. Contact me if you want to know what these colors represent.
So remember to take advantage of how color can impact your site and how color in a press release or a public relations campaign it can generate a stronger awareness when used properly.
A press kit can have these same reactions, so choose your colors with care. Be sure to choose colors that will work with your clients logo, that should be your main starting point when working in any media, print or web design.
- Web Design and Publicity
Choosing the right colors is a major part in designing a site